Here you will find a practical and complete guide about app store optimization services. With more than 3 million stores published every year by app publishers it is becoming difficult for Entrepreneurs, small business owners, and new market players to cause disruption. ASO means making an app discoverable like we make websites discoverable by search engines.
This blog will talk about in-app store statics to make some of the contents downloadable after installation. App store optimization services and app store optimization tools you can explore. We will discuss the strategies for app store optimization.
What is App Store Optimization?
Once people click on the app store listing, this means that you are getting more and more visibility. The primary app stores optimization techniques rely heavily on click-through rate (CTR). This convinces people to click into your app store listing once they optimize elements.
- App Name,
- App Title,
- App Icon,
- App Screenshots
- App Rating.
Understanding App Store Optimization
There are 200 ranking factors when we talk about SEO. However, ASO does not contain non-countable ranking factors. App store optimization implies making your app being found. If you feel like your app belongs to more than one category, selecting the closest industry and niche is important.
Organic Optimization: Your ASO Foundation
Some ASO Factors are crucial for app store ranking when you want more discoverability by potential customers.
- App Name/Title: Place the keyword in the title that can bring the heaviest Traffic. Changing the title makes it challenging for the word to spread about your app.
- Keywords: Implement keywords that are relevant and used most often by your potential customers. It is best to perform some basic competitor research to realize how you compare week to week.
In-App Store Tactics
The use of relevant keywords and the optimization of title and description are the basic elements. But that is not enough. Let’s move a little bit further for more discoverability.
Total # of Downloads
Your number of downloads is significant to ASO, but you don’t have complete control over them.
Ratings and Reviews
You incentivize happy users to rate and review.
People only spend a few seconds on your app store page high to make decisions. Quality app store screenshots serve as an influential factor for convincing someone to download your app (second only to your App Rating).
App Preview Video
Leveraging the preview video to your App Store page builds confidence and trust to the target audience and users a better insight into what your app can offer them.
Pick the right category
least competitive category gives your app a higher probability of getting found.
App Updates: Downloads Deserve Freshness
Any change that you make to your app store listing. Reply to the relevant reviews after an update release to address your customers’ concerns.
You can also foster meaningful relations by asking users for feedback on future app updates as part of your reply.
App Store Optimization Tips
- Reply to Reviews: Feedback is important. Replying to that feedback acknowledges that you truly care and are a customer-centric brand. Try prioritizing reviews specifically when you release an app update. Replying to reviews becomes even more important right after your team fixes issues users mentioned in older reviews, consider
- App Size: App store optimization strategies include the app size. Smaller apps are easy to download. Therefore an app should not be smaller than 200MB for the iOS app or 100MB for the Google Play app. considering the smaller size is very important because, with the heavy size, you make users unable to download apps. It is next to impossible and less likely that users will write X hours later when they’re home. That’s why consider compressing some of the graphical assets. Compare with the Top 100 Apps by using the App Store Optimization tool. You get to know your app size falls in the reasonable app size range of the top 100 apps.
- Update Frequently: The truth is that releasing regular updates is beneficial for discoverability and optimization. It increases the chances of user loyalty and keeps an app top of mind because they show you’re committed to the app.
- App Localization: Localize your app listing first to see how well your app performs in different countries. You can then decide if you should fully customize the whole app for the best-performing countries.
Like SEO, App Store Optimization is a progression and set of techniques that drive traffic to your app. How can you improve the number of downloads?
Take some essential steps. Firstly, optimize your listing through keyword research, great UX, and social media campaigns.
That’s is how you get the target audience’s attention, and you can find influencers to talk about your app. Usually, a marketer performs research on keyword searches before the app submission, unlike those that do not perform well, which leaves most apps hidden and a relatively low likelihood of discovery.
Therefore, choose engaging title names for your apps, ensuring quick download speeds, and if you do, you’ll have a decent channel driving visibility and discoverability of your app.
Soft Stings provide consultancy on how you can regularly check up on your ASO performance and re-evaluate where appropriate. In the comment section, let us know how you found success with ASO? What has helped your app rank better?