In this blog, we will discuss the devOps tools, concepts and fundamentals, benefits of devOps, what is a devOps engineer, the devOps lifecycle and how devOps work, how DevOps and CI/CD related is and how our team can help you with the deployment of your product.
So without further ado, let’s get straight into the devOps framework.
DevOps Framework, tools, and fundamentals
DevOps tools improve the ability to respond to market needs or other things that impact software. What is so unique and totally admirable about the DevOps framework that it heavily relies on the mindset that instead of building and configuring software manually on an ad-hoc, concepts lies focusing more on configuration Management Code. Another remarkable ability of devOps is to use a source control system.
The source control system helps the rest of the developers to manage, document and gives the discipline of application performance monitoring and optimization in real time. This is how you can easily see the performance impact of their changes.
Simply put, DevOps is in charge of putting together all pieces of code from all development teams in a production environment.
Benefits of Implementing DevOps Framework
- Responsible for maintaining and assuring uptime of the production environment
- DevOps integrate developers and operations team in order to improve collaboration so that code can be deployed much faster and no-one is tossed with the work. This in turn, obviously improves the productivity.
- How productivity improves? Well, the answer is pretty straight forward. DevOps methodologies automates the infrastructure.
- Meanwhile the approach and mindset also encompasses automation of workflows and continuous measuring application performance based on efficiency and cost effectively.
- DevOps team try to automate everything. The automation of code testing, workflows, infrastructure.
- This primarily involves the practice where team are trained to write code in small chunks that are integrated, tested and monitored.
- It varies from how the traditionally code is deployed where the common practice include writing large chunks of software over weeks and months. Plus, a lot more pain comes from identical operation and production environment.
- Thus, DevOps philosophy is based on writing small chunks of software which allows them to increase the frequency of deployments.
- This is how developers and software engineers adopt an iterative process to monitor, measure and improve the code and this results in great work culture in operations.
What is a devOps Engineer?
Works on a production environment that gives customer a great experience. They basically are expect to increase the rate of software delivery and improve the company’s time to market.
Getting the mindset to work with collaboration and the right set of tools. Undeniably, new tools are needed and obvious requirement of fast-paced world. They will need a tool that allows them to test their code and programs.
Now that we know why devops has become famous, it is time to see which devops tool is easy to learn
An example of this is Jenkins.
A tool for Source Control through which the works gets a lot easier.
From months and weeks to days and hours. The truth is, a company is able to build products that have a competitive advantage over other players in the market with devops framework this means they have happier developers and customers to manage and document all the changes to their application code.
The DevOps lifecycle and how DevOps framework works
In this sectionwe will dive deeper into the best explanations as to what DevOps is and how devops differs from traditional IT operations.
As we all know today that, Agile Coach practices DevOps. It’s very easy.
Being dedicated whenever they needed a new environment provisioned. It’s too easy, BUT it does require Sr. Management to buy in to make it successful.
How is DevOps Framework and CI/CD related?
A better way of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work with Agile Project & Portfolio Management is all that DevOps relies on.
Continuous Integration (CI) – Automate the build and testing processes. With this automation and hassle-free methodology that is implemented, it empowers developers to consistently integrate code. The best thing that you can achieve with this concept is the ability to perform continuous test to minimize the manual efforts.
This is how you reduce the workload and energy spent in frequent runs of unit and integration tests.
Continuous Delivery (CD) – It involves the automation of the packaging, configuration and deployment of applications to a target environment.
Ever heard of AWS and Microsoft Azure?
Well, these are the most the most used cloud providers. Many cloud vendors also offer CI/CD services.
Looking for consultancy to help you with cloud environment and devops Framework? Here at Soft Stings, we help enterprises with DevOps to automate its deployment, scaling and other management tasks.
Are devOps and cloud engineer the same and which devOps tool is in demand? Let us know in the comments section what do you think about it. You can also give us your feedback about Devops Framework.
For more information on devops and power bi, devops and ci/cd, devops like tools you may read through our resources to find more details.